Principles of Project management
Executing successful projects in diversified cultures is a challenge by itself. In order to deliver projects successfully it is essential that the project stakeholders have a common vocabulary and common processes across all stakeholders.
PMSoft is conducting this training program using Experiential Methodology, which is designed to expose the project leaders, team members to an integrated approach to Project Management. It is designed to develop the basic knowledge needed to manage projects effectively.
- Importance of common vocabulary in Project Management.
- Difference between Project, Product Lifecycles and understanding iterative nature of project management processes.
- Managing challenges in resource scheduling and managing stakeholders
- Managing stakeholders and perception of success, Self Management and essentials of competency development of a project manager.
- How to manage brownfield projects.
“A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Process Group: All Duration: 3 days
- Overview of Project Management: Introduction and Key Concepts in PM
- Why Project Management is needed?
- Differences between Projects & Operations
- Project Structures, Project Life Cycle Models
- Understanding Need/requirement lifecycle in perspective of project scope management
- Defining success criteria of a project
- Introduction to Project Management Process Groups and knowledge areas
- Project Planning Process
- Managing project Scope & Time
- Managing interpersonal conflicts and nuances of effective communication with stakeholders
- Executing Process
Project Cost Management
- Understanding Risk Management in perspective of Project Life cycle and Project Phases.
- Understanding Qualitative data analysis & Risk Prioritization, Tools and Techniques.
- Understanding the Control Process, Issues in designing a control system
- Identifying What to Control, Integrated Cost & Schedule Control, Controlling and Closing Process.
- Project Integration Management and Organizational Influences
- Bridging knowing-Doing gaps.
- Classroom facilitation
- Project Simulations
- Audio & Videos
- Participants will be given appropriate courseware containing templates, exercises and faculty presentations.