PRINCE2 ® FOUNDATION COURSE OUTLINE
This Foundation course is an APM Group Ltd (APMG) Accredited Course that covers the elements contained in the APMG Syllabus for the PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) Foundation Course.
The Foundation course is aimed at individuals who need to be informed members of a project management team within an environment using PRINCE2® methodology. It is targeted towards explanation of various terminology, the purpose and benefits of the documents produced and how these can be applied to everyday project work. The various elements of PRINCE2® will be re-enforced using a sample case study.
Learning outcomes of the course
On completion of the course the participants should be able to:
- Discuss the principles of PRINCE2® methodology
- Apply PRINCE2® methodology to projects within their organisations
The course will examine:
- Definition of a Project and its relationship to Products
- Benefits of a structured approach to Project Management
- Eight Processes
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing Stage Boundaries
- Closing a Project
- Business Case
- Management of Risk
- Quality in project environment
- Configuration management
- Change Control
- Product Based Planning
- Change Control
- Quality Review
- Types (e.g. Project Mandate, Project Brief, Business Case, P.I.D.)
- Key contents
- Links (as inputs and outputs)
- Processes where produced
- Relationships between Components and Processes
At the end of the course there will be a Foundation examination.
The Foundation exam is:
- Consists of 75 multiple choice questions
- Lasts one hour
- Pass is 50% (35 correct answers)
- Closed book
To gain the most from the Foundation Course we recommend that delegates should have had prior experience or awareness of projects and the project management environment, though not necessarily as a project manager. Prior to Day One of the course Delegates should have completed their pre-course study pack. The course content and timing is based on the assumption that they will have done so.
Copyright & Trademark Acknowledgement Statements
- PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
- The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of the Cabinet Office.
- MSP® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.