PRINCE2 ® PRACTITIONER COURSE OUTLINE
This Practitioner course is an APM Group Ltd (APMG) Accredited Course that covers the elements contained in the APMG Syllabus for the PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) Practitioner Course.
The Practitioner course is aimed at individuals who have successfully completed their
PRINCE2® Foundation examination and now need to review in detail PRINCE2® processes, components and techniques.
The delegates are expected to apply their project management experience and knowledge of PRINCE2® to a given scenario.
The course will use a mix of tutorial, group work and self-study to enhance the individual learning including the use of sample examination papers to familiarise participants with the Practitioner examination.
Learning outcomes of the course
On completion of the course the participants should be able to:
- Discuss the structure and contents of PRINCE2® Practitioner examination paper.
- Explain the Glossary of PRINCE2® Practitioner examination questions types.
- Apply understanding of PRINCE2® and project management to answer PRINCE2® practitioner examination questions.
The course will examine:
- Contents and structure of a PRINCE2® Practitioner examination paper including:
- Contents of Practitioner Paper including Scenario, Question and Answer
- Glossary of examination question types
- General advice on answering examination questions
- Analysis of a Case Study (modifiedCandyBar) to provide delegates with the opportunity to put some of the theory obtained during the classroom sessions into practice by using a reproduction of a real-life project, albeit limited by practicality constraints. It is divided into the following areas:
- Business Case
- Project Management Team Structure
- Management of Risk
- Product Breakdown Structure
- Product Flow Diagram
- Product Description
- Work Package
- Quality in a Project Environment
- Change Control
- Project Closure
Case Study exercises have been styled in a similar manner to the Practitioner Exam question style, with roughly the same amount of information provided.
- Three Techniques
- Sample Practitioner Examination questions
- Product Based Planning
- Change Control
- Quality Review
The Practitioner exam uses objective test questions which require a candidate to choose a response to a question from a set of choices for which the correct answer is pre-determined.
The question types include:
- Classical Multiple Choice
- Multiple Response
Reference to the candidates own annotated PRINCE2® manual is permitted. No additional support material is permitted, including use of post-it notes and stapled sheets. A candidate, may however, index their manual.
The examination is two and half hours in duration. This includes any time required to analyse the scenario and any additional information required to answer the questions.
There are eight questions, covering one of eleven areas of the PRINCE2® syllabus. Each question is worth 10 marks. The pass mark is 55% (44 out of 80).
To gain the most from the Practitioner Course we recommend that delegates should have had prior experience or awareness of projects and the project management environment. Prior to Day One of the course, delegates should have completed their pre-course study pack. The course content and timing is based on the assumption that they will have done.
Copyright & Trademark Acknowledgement Statements
- PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
- The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of the Cabinet Office.
- MSP® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.